Get solutions to common Joomla! 1.5 Development problems, to make your extension development better, faster and more secure. The author's experience with Joomla! 1.5 development enables him to share his insights effectively, in a clear and friendly way, giving practical hands-on solutions to problems, questions, and common tasks encountered in the design and implementation of Joomla! 1.5 extensions.
- Straightforward and easy to follow format
- Selection of the most important tasks and problems
- Carefully organized instructions for solving the problem efficiently
- Clear explanations for what you did
- Hands-on solutions that takes a practical approach to recipes
To get a taste of what's included, take a look at the sample recipe Keeping Joomla! 1.5 Extensions Secure.
If you feel that you've mastered the basics of creating Joomla! extensions, then this book will take you to the next level. Packed with expert advice on all aspects of development with Joomla!, you will learn about best-practice design and coding for Joomla! components, modules, plugins and other extensions. A unique and comprehensive reference to the main areas of interest within the Joomla! framework is also included in the book.
- In-depth guide to programming Joomla!
- Design and build secure and robust components, modules and plugins
- Includes a comprehensive reference to the major areas of the Joomla! framework
To get a taste of what's included, take a look at the sample chapter Mastering Joomla! 1.5 – The Database.
This project was intended to investigate the use of predictive and type-ahead text in the context of search engine interfaces. It examined how we can improve web-based search interfaces using controlled thesauri and dictionary lexical and semantic resources, and present the information in a timely fashion using Ajax and Web-Services. The aim of this project was to define a light-weight API and to implement a prototype that accessed dictionary and thesauri data.
This project is a legacy project, and is included for completeness only. This subject area has changed extensively since this project was completed.